Our Spirit, Soul and Body are all connected and affect one another. We were created by God with physical, spiritual and soul (or emotional) needs and desires. The Bible is very clear that these areas matter—and that we should let God into all these areas and seek to honor God in everything!
As Daughters, the Bible gives us so much wisdom for living, if we seek it. Proverbs is full of ancient wisdom as relevant and on-point today as it ever was — it is the Word of God after all! I’ve decided to make this post practical and hopefully helpful. Here is some bullet point wisdom that will hopefully help you in the soul area:
- I have found that sometimes when I’m upset and feel overwhelmed, I’m actually just really tired and need to stop talking — and just take a nap. And all the moms said: Amen!
- I have found that water is a gift to those who will partake of it!! Stay hydrated!
- I have learned to choose fun friends. My job is very serious (and awesome), but I need to laugh to stay sane. And laughter is a gift from God. King Solomon writes in Ecclesiastes 3:4 that in life there is a time “to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance”.
- I have learned to schedule in soul time.
- I have learned not to bear my heart too easily but share it with those tried and true long-term friends who will encourage me in the Lord or just make me laugh.
- I have learned that to occasionally turn my phone off and stop checking social media is a beautiful, perspective-shifting thing!
- I have learned to ask Jesus. It’s called prayer. Humans usually ask other humans for the answers because of a lack of trust. Jesus cares and has the answers, and He is closest to us and willing to give the answer.
- I have learned that watching clean standup comedy is a gift from God because — I can’t say it often enough — laughter is good for the soul!
- I have learned that preparation is 90% of success.
- I have learned that organization makes my life so much less stressful and enables me to have space for divine connections rather than being rushed and stressed.
- I have learned that there is something to be said for a house in order!
- I have learned that it’s good to sweat stress out at the gym.
- I have learned that not everyone is going to like me, and that’s okay because Jesus does and those that matter to me do!
- I have learned that there will never be a perfect time to do something so … Nike it.
- I have learned to make goals out of dreams.
- I have learned to set realistic goals.
- I have learned that perfection is not a realistic goal and to have grace for myself and others.